Timepieces should be both sophisticated and practical, easy to use, and comfortable on the wrist. The RM 003 is slightly larger than the RM 002 model that inspired it. The second time zone, which is very useful and legible, bears witness to this, as does the very handy push-piece to operate it positioned at nine o’clock. With the function indicator, via a pusher in the crown, the wearer can select from three positions.
Building upon the premiere use and consequent success of the carbon nanofiber baseplate developed for Richard Mille’s tourbillon wristwatches, a new interpretation of this high-tech material combined with a case of micro blasted titanium is added to the existing collection.
Available in Titanium, 18k red or white gold, platinum, gem-set case All gray, DLC.
TORQUE INDICATOR Shows the mainspring’s tension: below 53 dNmm, the spring is too slack; at the other extreme, above 65 dNmm, excessive tension can adversely affect the running of the movement and may even cause damage.
POWER RESERVE Circa 70 hours Indicated on the numeric scale to the left of the winding barrel.
FUNCTION SELECTOR In a manner similar to a car’s gearbox, a push-button located at the center of the crown allows one to select the winding, neutral and hand setting functions with a simple push : W (Winding) – N (Neutral) – H (Hands).)
CALIBER RM 003-V2 Manual winding Tourbillon movement with hours, minutes, second time zone, power reserve, torque indicator and function selector.
VARIABLE INERTIA, FREE SPRUNG BALANCE
The free-sprung balance gives better reliability in the event of shocks, movement assembly and disassembly, and also guarantees better chronometric results over an extended period of time.
BARREL PAWL WITH PROGRESSIVE RECOIL
This device permits an appreciable winding gain (circa 20 %), especially during the start of winding. It also aids in the even distribution of the mainspring’s internal tension.
WINDING BARREL TEETH AND THIRD-WHEEL PINION WITH CENTRAL INVOLUTE PROFILE
The central involute profile of the winding barrel teeth and pinion provides an optimal pressure angle of 20°. This promotes effective rotary motion and allows for compensation of possible variations in the engagement of the going train, thus insuring excellent torque transmission with a distinct improvement in performance.
- Movement dimensions: 30.20 x 28.60 mm
- Thickness: 6.35 mm
- Tourbillon diameter: 12.30 mm
- Balance wheel diameter: 10.00 mm
- Jewels: 23
- Balance: Glucydur, 2 arms, 4 setting screws,
moment of inertia 10 mg•cm2,angle of lift 53°
- Frequency: 21.600 vph (3 Hz)
- Balance spring: ELINVAR by Nivarox® • Torque indicator: with reference
measurement in dNmm
- Shock protection: KIF ELASTOR KE 160 B28
- Jewels: set in white gold chatons
- Barrel shaft: in nickel-free chronifer
(DIN x 46 Cr 13 + S) with the following characteristics: stainless- antimagnetic
- suitable for tempering.
- Anglage and polishing by hand • Locking sections hand polished
- Sapphire blasted milled sections
- Lapped and polished contact points
- Burnished pivots
- Sapphire blasted surfaces
- Anglage and polishing by hand
- Concave chamfering with a diamond tool • Circular finished faces
- Gilded (before cutting the teeth)
- Minimal corrections applied to the wheels in order to preserve geometry
Length 48 mm x 39.70 mm (widest point) x 13.65 mm (thickest area)