The RM 008 incorporates all the characteristics of the RM 004 chronograph, to which we added a tourbillon carriage made up of 85 parts and weighing just a third of a gram (0.34 g). Its assembly and regulation alone requires several months to complete.
It's the latest model to carry the name of the Formula 1 driver, Felipe Massa, who test drives all Richard Mille watches. The RM 008 Felipe Massa has a baseplate in carbon nanofiber, split second chronograph and bears the colours of the Brazilian flag on its inner bezel and a red crown.
TORQUE INDICATOR Supplies information about the mainspring’s tension: below 53 dNmm, the spring is too slack; at the other extreme, above 65 dNmm, excessive tension can adversely affect the running of the movement and may even cause damage.
SPLINE SCREWS IN GRADE 5 TITANIUM FOR THE BRIDGES AND CASE This permits better control of the torque applied to the screws during assembly. These screws are therefore unaffected by physical manipulation during assembly or disassembly and age well.
FUNCTION INDICATOR In a manner similar to a car's gearbox, the function indicator allows one to see the winding, neutral and hand setting positions as the crown is pulled out. Each position is indicated via a hand at 4 o’clock displaying the following functions: W(Winding) – N(Neutral) – H(Hands).
CALIBER RM 008-V2 FELIPE MASSA RM 008-V2 Manual winding tourbillon movement with hours, minutes, chronograph, split seconds, power reserve, torque indicator, function indicator.
TORQUE LIMITING CROWN
This added security system prevents accidental overwinding of the watch, the result of which can cause damage such as breaking the winding stem or putting too much pressure on the barrel spring.
BARREL PAWL WITH PROGRESSIVE RECOIL
This device permits an appreciable winding gain (circa 20 %), especially during the start of winding. It also aids in the even distribution of the mainspring’s internal tension.
- Center bridge in titanium
- Movement dimensions: 30.20 mm x 28.60 mm
- Thickness: 7.53 mm
- Tourbillon diameter: 12.30 mm
- Diameter of the balance wheel: 10.00 mm
- Number of jewels: 31
- Balance wheel: in GLUCYDUR, 2 arms, 4 adjusting screws.
- Moment of inertia: 10 mg.cm2, lever angle 53°
- Frequency: 21,600 vph (3 Hz)
- Balance spring: ELINVAR by Nivarox
- Shock resistance: KIF Elastor KE 160 B28
- Barrel shaft: in chronifer without nickel (DIN x 46 Cr 13 + S), which has the following
characteristics: non-oxidizable – antimagnetic – hardened.
WINDING BARREL TEETH AND THIRD-WHEEL PINION WITH CENTRAL INVOLUTE PROFILE
The central involute profile of the winding barrel teeth and pinion provides an optimal pressure angle of 20°. This promotes effective rotary motion and allows for compensation of possible variations in the engagement of the going train, thus insuring excellent torque transmission with a distinct improvement in performance.
- Anglage and polishing by hand
- Locking sections hand polished
- Sapphire blasted milled sections
- Lapped and polished contact points - Burnished pivots
- Sapphire blasted surfaces
- Anglage and polishing by hand
- Concave chamfering with a diamond tool
- Circular finished faces
- Gilded (before cutting the teeth)
- Minimum correction applied to the wheels in order to preserve geometry and performance
Length 48.00 mm x 39.70 mm x 14.95 mm