This automatic model benefits from the application of all our technical knowledge in terms of design, choice of materials (titanium bridges, screws and baseplate) and experience gained during the creation of our previous tourbillon models. Remaining focused on the reliability of the movement and the correspondence between each creation and the individual way it is used by its owner, we developed the concept of a variable-geometry rotor for this model. Thanks to a fine, 6-positional adjustment of the wings on the rotor mass, the automatic winding system can be adapted perfectly to the personal dynamic activity of the wearer, thus diminishing the risk of over - or under- winding.
Rotor with variable geometry. This exclusive RICHARD MILLE design allows the rewinding of the mainspring to be adapted most effectively to the user’s activity level within sports or leisure environments.
By adjusting the six positional setting of the rib’s placement, the rotor’s inertia is modified, either speeding up the winding process in the case of minimal arm and hand movements, or slowing it down when high activity sports are pursued. As a result, this invention allows the movement’s winding mechanism to be optimized and personalized to the owner’s lifestyle.
DATE DISPLAY Semi-instantaneous, placed in a vertical aperture at 7 o’clock. The calendar disc of sapphire crystal is treated with non-reflective coating on both sides.
SPLINE SCREWS IN GRADE 5 TITANIUM FOR THE BRIDGES AND CASE This permits better control of the torque applied to the screws during assembly. These screws are therefore unaffected by physical manipulation during assembly or disassembly and age well.
BASEPLATE, BRIDGES AND BALANCE COCK MADE OF TITANIUM These components in grade 2 titanium with black PVD coating allows the whole assembly to be given great rigidity, as well as precise surface flatness which is essentialfor the perfect functioning of the gear train. The skeletonized baseplate was subjected to separate and extensive validation tests to insure optimal strength requirements.
CALIBER RM 005-S Skeletonized automatic movement with hours, minutes, seconds, date and adjustable rotor geometry.
Upper flange in black carbon fiber, the index points filled with approved luminous material; minute flange in black carbon fiber.
In grade 5 micro-blasted titanium, with double seal O-ring and collar in Alcryn.
In sapphire (thickness: 0.40 mm) with anti-glare treatment (both sides), protected by 8 silicon braces inserted in the upper and lower grooves.
- Movement dimensions: 30.25 x 28.45 mm • Thickness: 4.33 mm
- Jewels: 32
- Barrel arbor: in AP 20 steel
- Balance: Glucydur, 4 arms, moment of inertia 4.8 mg•cm2, angle of lift 53o
- Frequency: 28,800 vph (4 Hz)
- Balance spring: ELINVAR
- Index Assembly: Triovis N°2
- Shock protection: INCABLOC 908.22.211.100
- Escapement wheel jewels: Rubifix
- Stem with three positions: manual winding,
date adjustment, time setting
- Bezel side: In sapphire (1800 Vickers) with anti-glare treatment (both sides).
- Thickness: 1.20 mm
- Case back: In sapphire with anti-glare treatment (both sides).
- Thickness: at the center 1 mm and outer edges 1.73 mm
- Baseplate and bridges in hand-ground grade 5 titanium, wet sandblasted, PVD or Titalyt® treated
- Anglage and polishing by hand
- Locking sections hand polished • Burnished pivots
- Diamond polished sinks on the bridge side
- Pinions with undercuts
- Sandblasted and rhodium-plated, beveled wheels
- Sapphire blasted surfaces
- Anglage and polishing by hand • Screw slot and screws beveled and polished with rounded
and polished tip.
Length 48 mm x 39.30 mm (widest point) x 13.84 mm (thickest area)