Romain Grosjean is testing the new, light and ultra strong RM 011 in NTPT® throughout the 2014 Grand Prix season and the latest information is that he will be wearing his watch outside his overalls, where it will be subjected to knocks, vibrations and weather conditions. The strap, too, will have to be strong enough to resist being torn off at the high speeds imposed by this sport.
This strap is mounted on the NTPT® carbon watch case of the new RM 011 Lotus F1 Team-Romain Grosjean, powered by the Caliber RM011, an automatic flyback chronograph movement in the colors of the British racing team.
FREE SPRUNG BALANCE WITH VARIABLE INERTIA Guarantees greater reliability when subjected to shock and also during movement assembly and disassembly, hence better chronometric results over time. The regulator index has been eliminated, thus guaranteeing a more accurate and repeatable adjustment is possible thanks to 4 small adjustable weights located directly on the balance.
SPLINE SCREWS IN GRADE 5 TITANIUM FOR THE BRIDGES This permits better control of the torque applied to the screws during assembly. These screws are therefore unaffected by physical manipulation during assembly or disassembly and age well.
BASEPLATE, BRIDGES AND BALANCE COCK MADE IN GRADE 5 TITANIUM The manufacture of these components in grade 5 titanium with black PVD treatment allows the whole assembly to be given great rigidity, as well as precise surface flatness, essential for the perfect functioning of the gear train. The skeletonised baseplate and the bridges have been subjected to intensive and complete validation tests in order to optimize their stress resistance.
CALIBER RM011 Manual winding skeletonised movement with hours, minutes, seconds.
ROTOR WITH VARIABLE GEOMETRY
- 6-positional adjustment via grade 5 titanium screws
- Ceramic ball bearings
- Unidirectional; anti-clockwise winding direction
FREE SPRUNG BALANCE WITH VARIABLE INERTIA
This type of balance wheel represents the ultimate in innovation. It guarantees greater reliability when subjected to shocks and also during movement assembly and disassembly, hence better chronometric results over time. The regulator index is eliminated and a more accurate and repeatable adjustment is possible thanks to 4 small adjustable weights located directly on the balance.
In sapphire (thickness: 0.40 mm) with anti-glare treatment (both sides), protected by 8 silicon braces inserted in the upper and lower grooves.
INTERIOR FLANGES (upper and lower)
Index points filled with approved luminous material.
- Bezel side: in sapphire (1,800 Vickers) with anti-glare treatment (both sides). Thickness: 1.20 mm
- Case back: in sapphire with anti-glare treatment (both sides).
- Thickness: at the center 1.00 mm and outer edges 1.73 mm
- Baseplate and bridges in hand-ground titanium, wet sandblasted, PDV or Titalyt® treated
- Anglage and polishing by hand
- Locking sections hand polished
- Burnished pivots
- Diamond polished sinks on the bridge side - Pinions with undercuts
- Sandblasted and rhodium-plated, beveled wheels
- Sapphire blasted surfaces
- Anglage and polishing by hand
- Screw slot and screws beveled and polished with rounded and polished tip.
50.00 x 40.00 x 16.15 mm