The skeletonized RM 023, which makes its appearance in 2009, has been given new dimensions (45.00 mm x 37.80 mm x 11.25 mm) and its size is midway between that of the RM 007 and the RM 010. It has a new and elegant dial design, using an asymmetrical layout with roman numerals in appliqué on sapphire with an unusual sculpted Alcryn collared crown. This new model unites everything essential in Richard Mille’s philosophy with a sophisticated appearance, convincing as well as comfortable under all imaginable conditions.
Rotor with variable geometry. By adjusting the setting of the rib’s placement, the rotor’s inertia is modified to either speed up the winding process in the case of leisurely arm movements, or slow it down when sporting activities are pursued. As a result, this invention allows the movement’s winding mechanism to be optimized and personalized to the owner’s lifestyle.
INTERIOR FLANGES Upper flange in white carbon fiber, the index points filled with approved luminous material; minute flange in black carbon fiber.
CROWN In grade 5 polished titanium, with double seal O-ring and collar in Alcryn.
DATE DISPLAY Semi-instantaneous, placed vertically near the Roman numeral VII. The calendar disc of sapphire crystal is treated with non-reflective coating on both sides.
CALIBER RM 023 Skeletonized automatic movement with hours, minutes, seconds, date and adjustable rotor geometry.
DOUBLE BARREL SYSTEM
The double barrel system helps improve torque stability over a longer period. This is achieved by utilizing more turns of the barrel, thereby reducing pressure and wear on the teeth, bearings and pivots, resulting in improved long-term performance.
In sapphire (thickness: 0.40 mm) with anti-glare treatment (both sides), protected by 8 silicon braces inserted in the upper and lower grooves.
Bezel side: In sapphire (1800 Vickers) with anti-glare treatment (both sides). Thickness: 1.20 mm Case back: In sapphire with anti-glare treatment (both sides). Thickness: at the center 1 mm and outer edges 1.73 mm
- Movement dimensions: 30.25 x 28.45 mm x 4.33 mm
- Number of jewels: 32
- Barrel arbor – in AP 20 steel
- Balance: Glucydur, 4 arms, inertia moment 4.8 mg.cm2, angle of lift 53o - Frequency: 28,800 vph (4 Hz)
- Balance spring: ELINVAR
- Index assembly: Triovis N°2
- Shock protection: INCABLOC 908.22.211.100 (transparent)
- Escapement wheel jewels: Rubifix (transparent)
- Stem with three positions: manual winding, time setting and date adjustment
- Baseplate and bridges in hand-ground titanium, wet sandblasted, PVD treated
- Anglages polished by hand
- Locking sections hand polished
- Burnished pivots
- Diamond polished sinks on the bridge side
- Pinions with undercuts
- Sandblasted and rhodium-plated, beveled wheels
- Sapphire blasted surfaces
- Anglages polished by hand
- Screw slot and screws beveled and polished with rounded and polished tip
Length 45.00 x 37.80 (widest point) x 11.25 (thickest area).