A high-level world-class tennis match can sometimes last for five hours, even more. The idea here was to bring a tourbillon into the arena that was capable of withstanding the shocks incurred for hours on end on clay courts, which can involve forces of several hundred G, while remaining totally comfortable and ridiculously lightweight : less than 20 grams. A real challenge for any tourbillon movement. Our existing designs in high-performance mechanics had to be entirely rethought and retested.
The whole of its mechanical architecture, weighting just 3.8 grams, was skilfully designed and constructed in taut suspension on a network of shock absorbers anchored in the thickness of the case. Available in carbon.
Limited edition of 50 pieces.
WEIGHT OF THE WATCH WITHOUT STRAP circa 13 g
POWER RESERVE 48 Hours
WEIGHT OF THE MOVEMENT 3.83 g
CALIBER RM 027 Manual winding tourbillon movement with hours and minutes.
WINDING BARREL TEETH AND THIRD-WHEEL PINION WITH CENTRAL INVOLUTE PROFILE
The central involute profile of the winding barrel teeth and pinion provide an optimal pressure angle of 20°. This promotes effective rotary motion and allows for compensation of possible variations in the engagement of the going train, thus insuring excellent torque transmission with a distinct improvement in performance.
FAST ROTATING BARREL (6 hours per revolution instead of 7.5)
This type of barrel provides the following advantages:
- The phenomenon of periodic internal mainspring adhesion is significantly diminished, thereby increasing performance
- Provision of an excellent mainspring delta curve with an ideal power reserve/performance and regularity ratio
BARREL PAWL WITH PROGRESSIVE RECOIL
This device permits an appreciable winding gain (circa 20 %), especially during the start of winding. It also promotes the even distribution of the mainspring’s internal tension.
- Movement dimensions: 30.20 x 28.80 mm
- Thickness: 7.00 mm
- Tourbillon diameter: 10.90 mm
- Balance wheel diameter: 9.12 mm
- Number of jewels: 19
- Balance: GLUCYDUR, 2 arms, 4 setting screws
- Inertia moment 11.50 mg.cm2, angle of lift 53o
- Frequency: 21,600 vph (3 Hz)
- Balance spring: ELINVAR by NIVAROX
- Shock protection: KIF ELASTOR KE 160 B28
- Barrel shaft in nickel-free chronifer (DIN x 46 Cr 13 + S) with the following characteristics: stainless, antimagnetic, suitable for tempering
- chamfers with lengthwise hand-drawn finishing - beadblasted milled sections
- hand-drawn upper faces
- beadblasted surfaces
- satin-brushed surfaces
- hand-polished bevels
- hand-drawn finishing on the upper surface
- matt strokes on the underside
- lengthwise hand-drawn strokes on the flanks - polished sinks
- lapped and polished ends - burnished pivots
- Concave chamfering with a diamond tool
- Circular-smoothed faces
- Gilding (before cutting the teeth)
Minimum manual correction to the wheels undertaken in order to preserve geometry and performance
48 mm x 39.70 mm x 11.85 mm