The circle is omnipresent in mechanisms, where everything is in perpetual rotation: gear trains, wheels, pinions, rotors, etc. Focused on this fundamental to delimit the volume of everything and define the shape of the container, liberated from the constraints relating to safety and resistance to extreme conditions linked to the diver’s watch, Richard Mille imagined this chic sports model using the beautiful, subdued aesthetic grammar of the circle.
Its ergonomic elegance is based on the finesse of the curved case that espouses the wrist, while the bezel is strictly horizontal, parallel to the skeletonised baseplate. As its movement is just 2.60 mm thick, we were able to limit the depth of the case to 6.30 mm. Available in titanium, 18k white gold or red gold.
CROWN In ceramic, with double seal O-ring and detailing in titanium, 18k red or white gold.
POWER RESERVE Circa 42 hours.
BOTTOM PLATE, BRIDGES AND BALANCE COCK MADE OF TITANIUM The manufacturing of these components in grade 5 titanium - bottom plate with Titalyt® coating and bridges with PVD coating, allows the whole assembly to be given great rigidity, as well as precise surface flatness that is essential for the perfect functioning of the gear train. The skeletonized baseplate and the bridges were subjected to separate and extensive validation tests to insure optimal strength requirements.
CALIBER RMXP1 Skeletonized automatic winding movement with hours, minutes and off-center monoblock platinum rotor.
FREE SPRUNG BALANCE WITH VARIABLE INERTIA
This type of balance wheel represents the ultimate in innovation. It guarantees greater reliability when subjected to shock and also during movement assembly and disassembly. Hence better chronometric results over time.
The regulator index is eliminated and a more accurate and repeatable adjustment is possible thanks to 4 adjustable small weights located directly on the balance.
In sapphire (thickness: 0.30 mm) with anti-glare treatment (2 sides).
- Bezel side: in sapphire (1800 Vickers) with anti-glare treatment (2 sides)
- Thickness: 1.00 mm
- Case back: in sapphire with anti-glare treatment (2 sides)
- Thickness: at the center 1.00 mm and at outer edges 1.53 mm
SPLINE SCREWS IN GRADE 5 TITANIUM FOR THE BRIDGES
This permits better control of the torque applied to the screws during assembly. These screws are therefore unaffected by physical manipulation during assembly or disassembly and age well.
- Diameter of the movement: 33.00 mm
- Thickness: 2.60 mm
- Number of jewels: 29
- Barrel arbor – in 20AP steel
- Balance: Glucydur, 4 arms, inertia moment 5.75 mg.cm2, angle of lift 53o - Frequency: 21,600 vph (3Hz)
- Balance spring: Nivaflex
- Shock protection: Incabloc 908.22.211.100 (transparent)
- Baseplate in hand-ground grade 5 titanium, wet sandblasted, Titalyt® treated
- Bridges wet sandblasted, top surface polished by hand, grade 5 titanium PVD treated - Locking sections hand polished
- Burnished pivots
- Diamond polished sinks on the bridge side
- Pinions with undercuts
- Sandblasted and rhodium-plating, beveled wheels (before cutting the teeth)
- Concave chamfering with a diamond tool
- Circular-smoothed faces
- Polished angles
- Rhodium-plating (before cutting the teeth)
- Minimum manual correction to the wheels undertaken in order to preserve geometry and performance
- Microblasted and hand-drawn surfaces - Sapphire blasted surfaces
- Anglage and polishing by hand
- Lapped and polished ends - Burnished pivots
45.70 mm x 6.30 mm.