A truly exceptional athlete of tremendous ability and stamina, Rafael Nadal once again provides his name and inspiration to a Richard Mille timepiece, the RM 35-01. This new manual winding wristwatch combines the spirit of the now legendary RM 027 family of timepieces with a case created using NTPT® carbon technology, recently developed by the brand.
The RMUL3 caliber used in the RM 35-01 offers exceptional impact resistance thanks to the use of grade 5 titanium throughout the highly skeletonized movement design, combined with black PVD surface treatment.
In the competitive challenge the RM 35-01 represents, Richard Mille Watches in Les Breuleux extensively tested the RMUL3 caliber under severe conditions, with extreme shocks applied to the movement exceeding several G’s.
Only the expertise of Richard Mille in the machining of new materials combined with unique design characteristics allowed such tests to be completed with such ease.
FREE SPRUNG BALANCE WITH VARIABLE INERTIA Guarantees greater reliability when subjected to shock and also during movement assembly and disassembly, hence better chronometric results over time. The regulator index has been eliminated, thus guaranteeing a more accurate and repeatable adjustment is possible thanks to 4 small adjustable weights located directly on the balance.
SPLINE SCREWS IN GRADE 5 TITANIUM FOR THE BRIDGES This permits better control of the torque applied to the screws during assembly. These screws are therefore unaffected by physical manipulation during assembly or disassembly and age well.
BASEPLATE, BRIDGES AND BALANCE COCK MADE IN GRADE 5 TITANIUM The manufacture of these components in grade 5 titanium with black PVD treatment allows the whole assembly to be given great rigidity, as well as precise surface flatness, essential for the perfect functioning of the gear train. The skeletonised baseplate and the bridges have been subjected to intensive and complete validation tests in order to optimize their stress resistance.
CALIBER RMUL3 Manual winding skeletonised movement with hours, minutes, seconds.
Circa 55 hours (±10%).
Bezel side: in sapphire (1,800 Vickers) with anti-glare treatment (both sides) Thickness: 1.50 mm
DOUBLE BARREL SYSTEM
The double barrel system contributes to the torque stability over a longer period. This is achieved by dispersing the stored energy within two winding barrels, equalizing torque as well as reducing friction on the bearings and pivots resulting in improved long-term performance.
- Movement dimensions: 30.25 x 28.45 mm
- Thickness: 3.15 mm
- Jewels: 24
- Barrel arbor– in AP 20 steel
- Balance: Glucydur, 2 arms and 4 setting screws, inertia moment 4.8 mg.cm2, angle of lift 53°
- Frequency: 28’800 vph (4 Hz)
- Balance spring: ELINVAR
- Shock protection: Incabloc 908.22.211.100 (transparent)
- Escapement wheel jewels: Rubifix (transparent)
- Stem with two positions: manual winding and time setting
- Baseplate wet sandblasted grade 5 titanium, PVD treated and hand-drawn after treatment - Bridges in hand-ground grade 5 titanium, wet sandblasted and Titalyt® treated
- Locking sections hand polished
- Burnished pivots
- Pinions with undercuts
- Sandblasted and rhodium-plating, beveled wheels (before cutting the teeth)
- Minimum corrections applied to the wheels in order to preserve geometry and performance
- Screw slot and screw beveled and polished with rounded and polished tip - Straight line grain finish of the upper surface
- Lower surfaces microblasted
- Hand-polished sinks
49.94 x 42.00 x 14.05 mm