Jean Todt is a very dear friend of Richard Mille who has been a brand devotee from the very beginning. This former rally co-driver and racing team director is currently President of the FIA (Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile), which represents 230 mobility and sport clubs in 130 countries around the world. Improving road safety is one of the major principles that guide his work. More and more nations are now achieving mass access to motorised transport. At Jean Todt’s request, each sale of this model is generating a royalty split between worthwhile programs in the interest of the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) and the ICM (Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle épinière – Brain and Spine Institute), of which Jean Todt is Vice-President and a co-founder.
We chose to incorporate a “G” sensor in a watch’s mechanism. Drivers can use this device to assess how safely they are driving.
Depending on whether the hand of the sensor stops in a green or red zone, the watch enhances awareness of the dangers associated with failing to respect braking distances.
Limited edition of 15 pieces in titanium.
FUNCTION SELECTOR In a manner similar to a car's gearbox, a push-button located at the center of the crown allows one to select the winding, neutral and hand setting functions with a simple push. A hand at 4 o’clock displays the selected function: W (Winding) – N (Neutral) – H (Hands).
DIAL In sapphire (thickness: 0.40 mm) with anti-glare treatment (both sides), protected by 8 silicon braces inserted in the upper and lower flanges grooves.
G INDICATOR This complex mechanism was designed to visually display the number of Gs accumulated by the watch’s wearer during rapid decelerations The scale located at 12 o’clock, whose needle indicates whether the deceleration is safe (green zone) or critical (red zone) for the driver. A push-piece at 9 o’clock quickly resets it to zero.
CALIBER RM036 Manual winding tourbillon movement with hours, minutes, small seconds at 6 o’clock, G sensor and function selector.
FAST ROTATING BARREL (6 hours per revolution instead of 7.5 hours)
This type of barrel has the following advantages:
- The phenomenon of periodic internal mainspring adhesion is significantly diminished, thereby increasing performance,
- Provision of an excellent mainspring delta curve with an ideal power reserve/performance and regularity ratio.
BARREL PAWL WITH PROGRESSIVE RECOIL
This device permits a profitable winding gain (circa 20 %), especially during the winding start. It is also helpful in the distribution of the mainspring’s internal tension.
MODULAR TIME SETTING MECHANISM FITTED AGAINST THE CASE BACK
Provides the following advantages for longevity and maintenance: - Since the component is mounted outside of the movement, the time setting assembly can be changed without affecting the integrity of the bottom plate in the event of a possible defect or during maintenance, - The mounting and dismantling of this module from the back will not require the removal of the hands and the dial.
WHEEL BASED TIME SETTING SYSTEM (back of the movement)
Provides smooth time setting functions through the elimination of engaging friction by replacing it with rolling friction.
CERAMIC ENDSTONE FOR THE TOURBILLON CAGE
This reflects a technical and long-term view towards the elimination of wear phenomena, resulting in improved technical tribology.
CENTRAL BRIDGE IN RIGIDIFIED ARCAP
Ensures high rigidity of the baseplate and the bridge assembly of the going train.
- Bezel side: In sapphire (1800 Vickers) with anti-glare treatment (both sides)
- Thickness: 1.50 mm
- Case back: In sapphire with anti-glare treatment (both sides)
- Thickness: at the center 1.20 mm and outer edges 2.04 mm
- Movement dimensions: 32.90 x 32.20 mm
- Thickness: 4.97 mm
- Tourbillon diameter: 12.30 mm
- Balance wheel diameter: 10.00 mm
- Jewels: 26
- Balance wheel: Glucydur, with 2 arms and 4 setting screws, moment of inertia
10 mg•cm2, angle of lift 53°
- Frequency: 21,600 vph (3 Hz)
- Balance spring: ELINVAR by Nivarox®
- Shock protection: KIF ELASTOR KE 160 B28
- Barrel shaft in nickel-free chronifer
(dIn x 46 Cr 13 + S), with the following characteristics: stainless – antimagnetic – suitable for tempering.
- Anglage hand-polished
- locking sections hand polished
- Sapphire blasted milled sections
- lapped and polished contact points • Burnished pivots
- Sapphire blasted surfaces
- Anglage and polishing by hand • drawn outer faces
- Concave chamfering with a diamond tool
- Circular-smoothed faces
- Rhodium-plating (before cutting the teeth) • Minimal corrections applied to the wheels in order to preserve geometry
50.00 x 42.70 x 16.15 mm.