Richard Mille invented a new vocabulary of form on a mythological theme in close collaboration with Michelle Yeoh. The challenge was that in order to keep faith with aesthetic principles, no element could be reduced to a purely decorative role.
All the shapes that create the three dimensional effect of the Phoenix, a symbol of beauty and perpetual renewal, have a technical function in the mechanisms of the watch. Available in 18K white gold, red gold and titanium gem-set case.
Limited edition of 18 unique pieces.
BLACK ONYX BASEPLATE Onyx is a variety of cryptocrystalline quartz chalcedony composed of silicium dioxide, (SiO2). The rectilinear black and white parallel stripes version is part of the agate types. The fully black type is called Black Onyx, and is said to be able to deflect harmful energy down to the earth, while providing stability. Considered as a charm-stone against spells, Black Onyx also symbolizes equilibrium and inspiration.
BRIDGES MADE OF TITANIUM These components are in grade 5 titanium with black PVD treatment. This provides the whole assembly great rigidity, as well as precise surface flatness which is essential for the perfect functioning of the gear train.
POWER RESERVE Circa 48 hours. This function is displayed using a newly designed differential power reserve system with a printed red line on a moving disc located between 10 and 11 o’clock.
CALIBER RM 051 Manual winding tourbillon movement with hours, minutes and power reserve, inspired by the RM 026.
VARIABLE INERTIA, FREE SPRUNG BALANCE
The free-sprung balance provides better reliability in the event of shocks, movement assembly and disassembly. It also guarantees better chronometric results over an extended period of time.
- Bezel side: In sapphire (hardness 1800 Vickers) with anti-glare treatment (both sides)
- Thickness: 1.20 mm
- Case back: In sapphire with anti-glare treatment (both sides)
- Thickness: at the center 1 mm and outer edges 1.73 mm
- Movement dimensions: 30.20 mm x 28.60 mm
- Thickness: 4.97 mm
- Tourbillon diameter: 12.30 mm
- Balance wheel diameter: 9.12 mm
- Number of jewels: 21
- Balance: Glucydur, 2 arms, 4 setting screws, inertia moment 10 mg.cm2, angle of lift 53°
- Frequency: 21,600 vph (3 Hz)
- Balance spring: Elinvar by NIVAROX
- Shock protection: KIF Elastor KE 160 B28
- Stone setting in white gold
- Barrel shaft in nickel-free Chronifer (DIN x 46 Cr 13 + S) with the following characteristics: stainless, antimagnetic, suitable for tempering
- Anglage and polishing by hand (excluding onyx baseplate and PVd treated parts)
- locking sections hand polished
- Sapphire blasted milled sections
- lapped and polished contact points
- Burnished pivots
- PVD treatment (excluding the onyx baseplate)
- Sapphire blasted surfaces
- Satin finished surfaces
- Anglage and polishing by hand
- Burnished sections
- Concave chamfering with a diamond tool • Circular-finished faces
- Surface treatment or rhodium-plating (before cutting the teeth)
- Minimal corrections applied to the wheels in order to preserve geometry and performance.
48 mm x 39.70 mm x 12.80 mm.