An aesthetic choice to completely integrate this complex symbol of vanitas vanitatum into the mechanics of the watch as a reference to the “promise of eternity”.
Every element of the decorative motif exercises a highly specific function, while the whole forms the architectural volume that encloses the vital heartbeat of the tourbillon. Limited edition of 21 pieces, which includes 15 pieces in titanium and 6 unique set pieces in red or white gold.
CALIBER RM052 Manual winding tourbillon movement with hours, minutes.
TORQUE LIMITING CROWN This additional security system prevents from accidental overwinding, which could cause damage to the winding stem or putting extreme pressure on the mainspring barrel.
BASEPLATE IN GRADE 5 TITANIUM The RM 052 revolves around the skull. This is fascinating from an artistic point of view, but even more so from a technical point of view. The baseplate has been finished in grade 5 titanium, a biocompatible, highly corrosion-resistant and remarkably rigid alloy, which enables the gear train to function effortlessly. The alloy is 90% titanium, 6% aluminium and 4% vanadium.
BRIDGES IN GRADE 5 TITANIUM This combination further increases its mechanical properties, which explains its frequent use in the aerospace, aeronautical and automobile industries. The upper and lower jaws holds the tourbillon cage jewel. The rear of the skull acts as a central bridge. The “Jolly Roger” comes to life thanks to the 4 bridges that link the movement to the case.
BALANCE WHEEL WITH VARIABLE INERTIA
The free-sprung balance provides better reliability in the event of shocks, movement assembly and
disassembly. It also guarantees better chronometric results over an extended period of time.
There is no need for an index plate, allowing more precise and frequent adjustment using 4 setting
FAST ROTATING BARREL (6 hours per revolution instead of 7.5 hours)
This type of barrel provides the following advantages:
- The phenomenon of periodic internal mainspring adhesion is significantly diminished, thereby increasing performance
- Provision of an excellent mainspring delta curve with an ideal power reserve/performance and regularity ratio.
- Movement dimensions: 32.80 x 30.90 mm
- Thickness: 6.87 mm
- Tourbillon diameter: 10.90 mm
- Balance wheel diameter: 9.12 mm
- Number of jewels: 19
- Balance wheel: GLUCYDUR, 2 arms, 4 setting screws
- Moment of inertia: 11.50 mg.cm2, angle of lift 53°
- Frequency: 21,600 vph (3 Hz)
- Balance spring: in ELINVAR by NIVAROX
- Shock protection: KIF ELASTOR KE 160 B28
- Barrel shaft in nickel-free Chronifer (DIN x 46 Cr13 + S), with with following characteristics: stainless, antimagnetic, tempered.
- Hand-polished bevelling
- Microblasted milled sections
- Drawn or polished outer faces
- Microblasted surfaces
- Satin-brushed surfaces
- Hand-polished bevelling
- Hand-drawn finishing on the upper surfaces
- Matt strokes on the underside
- Lengthwise hand-drawn strokes on the sides
- Polished sinks
- Lapped and polished ends
- Burnished pivots
- Concave chamfering with a diamond tool
- Circular-smoothed faces
- Rhodium plating (before cutting the teeth).
Minimal corrections are made to the wheels to preserve their geometry and overall performance.
42.70 mm x 50.00 mm x 15.95 mm