Restyling is a crucial element in the lifecycle of any product. A watch has to possess vitality and be integrated within the natural stylistic development of a brand. A fixture of the Richard Mille collection since 2007, the RM 011 is taking its bows. Retiring at the height of its glory, it will make way for the new RM 11-03 Automatic Flyback Chronograph.
The RM 11-03 Flyback Chronograph is in every sense a sports watch, proudly displaying the brand’s new aesthetic and heavily inspired by automotive history.
The model will be officially unveiled on the 4th of September, at the 3rd edition of Chantilly Arts & Élégance Richard Mille.
OVERSIZE DATE DISPLAY Semi-instantaneous, placed in a red outlined horizontal aperture under 12 o’clock with automatic adjustment for months of 30 or 31 days.
MONTH DISPLAY Semi-instantaneous, indicated by Arabic numerals placed between 4 and 5 o’clock.
DOUBLE BARREL SYSTEM The double barrel system contributes to torque stability over a longer period. This is achieved by using higher rotations of the barrel, thereby reducing pressure and wear on the teeth, bearings and pivots, improving long-term performance.
RMAC3 CALIBRE Skeletonised, automatic winding movement. Flyback Chronograph.
- Dimensions of movement: 30.25 x 28.45 mm
- Thickness: 9.00 mm
- Jewels: 68
- Barrel arbour – in AP 20 steel
- Balance: Glucydur, 4 arms, moment of inertia 4.8 mg.cm2 angle of lift 53°
- Frequency: 28’800 vph (4 Hz)
- Balance spring: AK3
- Shock protection: INCABLOC 908.22.211.100 (transparent)
- Escapement wheel jewels: Rubifix (transparent)
- Three-position winding stem: W (Winding) – D (Date) – H (Hand Setting)
FREE SPRUNG BALANCE WITH VARIABLE INERTIA
This type of balance wheel represents the ultimate in innovation. It guarantees greater reliability when subjected
to shocks and also during movement assembly and disassembly, hence better chronometric results over time.
The regulator index is eliminated and a more accurate and repeatable calibration is possible thanks to 4 small
adjustable weights located directly on the balance.
- Central flange in grade 5 titanium
- 18K white gold weight segment
- Weight segment with 6 possible positions adjusted by screws in grade 5 titanium
- 18K white Gold wings
- Ceramic ball bearings
- Unidirectional anti-clockwise winding
SPLINE SCREWS IN GRADE 5 TITANIUM FOR THE MOVEMENT
This permits better control of the torque applied to the screws during assembly. These screws are unaffected by physical manipulation during assembly or disassembly and age well.
Circa 55 hours (±10%).
Actual power reserve results will depend on how much the chronograph features are utilised.
In carbon fibre filled with an approved luminescent material.
In grade 5 titanium, microblasted with double seal O-ring and rubber collar.
Sapphire (thickness: 0.40 mm) with anti-glare treatment (2-sided), protected by 8 silicon braces fitted into grooves on the upper and lower flanges.
Bezel side: sapphire (1800 Vickers) with anti-glare treatment (both side)
Thickness: 1.50 mm
Caseback: sapphire with anti-glare treatment (both side)
Thickness: at the centre 1.20 mm and outer edges 2.04 mm
- Sapphire-blasted surfaces
- Chamfered and polished by hand
- Screw slot and screws bevelled and polished for a rounded, polished tip
- Concave chamfering with a diamond tool
- Diamond polished angles
- Circular finished faces
- Rhodium-plating (before cutting the teeth)
- Minimal corrections to preserve the performance and geometry of the wheels
49.94 x 44.50 x 16.15 mm