Combining strong associations and complex undertones expressed by a diamond studded and encrusted tracery based upon the image of a spider. This predator insect fascinates us with its symbolic power as noted by the abundant myths and stories about spiders to be found in every civilization and across all continents, often in relation to feminine energy and creativity.
The RM19-01 manual winding tourbillon caliber is assembled around a black rhodium-plated, 18K white gold black sapphire set baseplate.
Limited edition of 20 pieces, 18K white or red gold gem-set case.
TORQUE LIMITING CROWN This additional security system prevents from accidental overwinding, which could cause damage to the winding stem or put extreme pressure on the mainspring barrel.
POWER RESERVE Circa 48 hours (±10%). This function is displayed using a newly designed differential power reserve system, with a printed red line on a moving disc located between 10 and 11 o’clock.
SPIDER IN GEM-SET WHITE GOLD The rhodium-plated white gold spider, set with diamonds, forms an integral part of the movement. The opisthosoma, the abdominal part of the spider’s body, stiffens the tourbillon bridges and its legs support the two barrels.
CALIBER RM19-01 Manual winding tourbillon movement with hours, minutes and power reserve indicator.
In the world of horology, the Richard Mille watchcase is considered as the most difficult to manufacture. This tripartite tonneau-shaped case is fully curved, which enables the watch to be ergonomic and comfortable but is time consuming during its production and requires a high level of quality control. Both front and back curves are part of the Richard Mille watch case regard less of their shapes (tonneau, round, rectangular). These curving bezels with their characteristic shape demand ultimate precision with no stress in the metal. These manufacturing specifications required one year of research and development. The specific tonneau shape of the RM 19-01 requires 47 stamping operations including 21 only for preparation. Tooling takes 4 hours and the RM 19-01 is obtained after 250 milling operations. The finishing process requires a full day for grinding, glazing and polishing. The tripartite case is water resistant to 50 meters, ensured by two Nitril O-ring seals. The case is assembled with 12 spline screws in grade 5 titanium and abrasion resistant washers in 316L stainless steel.
- Movement dimensions: 30.20 x 28.60 mm
- Thickness: 4.97 mm
- Tourbillon diameter: 12.30 mm
- Balance wheel diameter: 10 mm
- Jewels: 21, set in white gold chatons
- Balance: Glucydur, 2 arms and 4 setting screws, inertia moment 11.5 mg.cm2, angle of lift 53°
- Frequency: 21’600 vph (3 Hz)
- Balance spring: ELINVAR by Nivarox®
- Shock protection: KIF ELASTOR KE 160 B28
- Barrel shaft: in nickel-free Chronifer (DIN x 46 Cr 13 + S), with the following characteristics:
stainless - antimagnetic - suitable for tempering.
- Anglage and polishing by hand
- Locking sections hand polished
- Sapphire blasted milled sections
- Lapped and polished contact points
- Burnished pivots
- PVD treatment
- Sapphire blasted surfaces
- Satin finished surfaces
- Anglage and polishing by hand
- Drawn outer faces
- Concave chamfering with a diamond tool
- Circular finished faces
- Surface treatment or rhodium-plating (before cutting the teeth)
- Minimum correction applied to the wheels in order to preserve geometry and performance
- Dimensions : 46.40 x 38.30 x 12.45 mm