From their first meeting in 2008, Richard Mille and Rafael Nadal embarked on one of the most extraordinary shared adventures in contemporary ne watchmaking. As a result, the name ‘Nadal’ now graces a unique collection of Richard Mille watches that are synonymous with innovation, lightness and shock-resistance.
Like its predecessors, the RM 35-02 Rafael Nadal coalesces the fruits of a constant quest for innovation within a unique design.
Inspired by the RM 35-01, the RM 35-02 emerged in response to a request from many Richard Mille customers for
a self-winding mechanism at the heart of a Nadal calibre.
Powered by the new RMAL1 calibre, the base plate and bridges in wet-sandblasted grade 5 titanium, which has been PVD/Titalyt® treated and stretched to ensure supreme rigidity and impeccably smooth surfaces.
The RM 35-02 Rafael Nadal is available in either a daring bright Quartz-TPT Red with white highlights or NTPT Carbon.
FREE SPRUNG BALANCE WITH VARIABLE INERTIA Guarantees greater reliability when subjected to shock and also during movement assembly and disassembly, hence better chronometric results over time. The regulator index has been eliminated, thus guaranteeing a more accurate and repeatable adjustment is possible thanks to 4 small adjustable weights located directly on the balance.
DOUBLE BARREL SYSTEM The double barrel system contributes to the torque stability over a longer period. This is achieved by dispersing the stored energy within two winding barrels, equalizing torque as well as reducing friction on the bearings and pivots resulting in improved long-term performance.
BASEPLATE, BRIDGES AND BALANCE COCK MADE IN GRADE 5 TITANIUM The manufacture of these components in grade 5 titanium with black PVD treatment allows the whole assembly to be given great rigidity, as well as precise surface flatness, essential for the perfect functioning of the gear train. The skeletonised baseplate and the bridges have been subjected to intensive and complete validation tests in order to optimise their stress resistance.
CALIBRE RMAL1 Automatic winding skeletonised movement with hours, minutes, seconds.
- Mouvement dimensions: 30.25 x 28.45 mm
- Thickness: 3.15 mm
- Jewels: 32
- Barrel arbor– in AP 20 steel
- Balance: Glucydur, 2 arms and 4 setting screws, inertia moment 4.8 mg.cm2, angle of lift 53°
- Frequency: 28’800 vph (4 Hz)
- Balance spring: ELINVAR
- Shock protection: Incabloc 908.22.211.100 (transparent)
- Escapement wheel jewels: Rubifix (transparent)
- Stem with two positions: manual winding and time setting
ROTOR WITH VARIABLE GEOMETRY
- Arm in grade 2 titanium
- Flange in grade 5 titanium
- 6-positional adjustment via grade 5 titanium screws
- Ribs in 18k white gold, high palladium content
- Weight segment in white gold
- Ceramic ball bearings
- Unidirectional; anti-clockwise winding direction
In NTPT® Carbon with O ring seal in Alcryn.
Circa 55 hours (±10%)
Bezel side: in sapphire (1,800 Vickers) with anti-glare treatment (both sides)
Thickness: 1.50 mm
Back side in sapphire (1,800 Vickers) with anti-glare treatment (both sides)
Thickness: 1.20 mm
- Baseplate wet sandblasted grade 5 titanium, PVD treated and hand-drawn after treatment
- Bridges in hand-ground grade 5 titanium, wet sandblasted and Titalyt® treated
- Locking sections hand polished
- Burnished pivots
- Pinions with undercuts
- Sandblasted and rhodium-plating, beveled wheels (before cutting the teeth)
- Minimum corrections applied to the wheels in order to preserve geometry and performance
- Screw slot and screw beveled and polished with rounded and polished tip
- Straight line grain finish of the upper surface
- Lower surfaces microblasted
- Hand-polished sinks
- Concave chamfering with a diamond tool
- Circular finished faces
- Gilded (before cutting the teeth)
- Minimum correction applied to the wheels in order to preserve geometry and performance
49.94 x 44.50 x 13.15 mm