The world of aviation has always played an integral and inspirational role for Richard Mille due to the myriad of parallels with his own philosophy of 21st century watchmaking, combining horological tradition with new materials in the realisation of horological masterpieces. It was only natural that Richard Mile and ACJ would join together to create the RM 50-02 ACJ Tourbillon. Limited edition of 30 pieces, only available in the Richard Mille boutiques.
The end result is a visually breathtaking and dramatic view of the technical interior of the split seconds chronograph movement which also technical repercussions such as the elimination of the initial jump of the chronograph seconds hand during starting and stopping, with new split seconds components also in titanium additionally lowering the chronograph’s energy consumption through the reduction of internal friction.
BARREL PAWL WITH PROGRESSIVE RECOIL This device permits an appreciable winding gain (circa 20 %), especially during the start of winding. It also aids in the even distribution of the mainspring’s internal tension.
TORQUE INDICATOR This indicator supplies information about the mainspring’s tension, thus permitting the optimisation of the chronometric functioning of the movement. Below 53 dNmm, the spring is considered to be too slack, while above 65 dmmm, the excessive spring tension can adversely affect the mechanism’s operation, or else actually endanger it.
TORQUE LIMITING CROWN This added security system prevents accidental over-winding of the watch, the result of which can cause possible damage to the winding stem or the application of extreme pressure on the barrel spring.
CALIBER RM50-02: manual winding tourbillon movement with hours, minutes, split-seconds chronograph with running seconds, 60-minute totaliser and power reserve, torque and function indicators.
- Hand-polished bevelling
- Hand-polished locking-sections
- Microblasted milled sections
- Lapped and polished contact points
- Burnished pivots
- Wire-drawn and microblasted surfaces
- Hand-polished beveling
- Concave chamfering with a diamond tool
- Circular-decorated faces
- Gilding (before cutting the teeth)
- Minimal corrections to preserve the geometry of the wheels and their performance
Circa 70 hours (±10%), displayed on a numeric scale near 11 o’clock.
- Movement dimensions: 32.00 x 30.40 mm - Thickness: 7.87 mm
- Tourbillon diameter: 12.30 mm
- Balance wheel diameter: 10 mm
- Number of jewels: 37
- Balance wheel: GLUCYDUR, with 2 arms and 4 setting screws
- Moment of inertia 10 mg.cm2, angle of lift 53°
- Frequency: 21,600 vph (3 Hz)
- Balance spring: elinvar by Nivarox®
- Shock protection: KIF Elastor KE 160 B28
- Barrel shaft in nickel-free Chronifer (DIN x 46 Cr 13 + S), with the following characteristics: stainless – antimagnetic –
suitable for tempering
INTERIOR FLANGES (outer and inner)
In metal, green painted with hour index points filled with an approved luminescent material.
In sapphire (thickness: 0.40 mm) with anti-glare coating (both sides), protected by 8 silicon clamps
BEZEL AND CASE BACK
Bezel side: in sapphire (1,800 Vickers) with anti-glare coating (on both sides).
Thickness: 1.60 mm
Case back: in sapphire with anti-glare coating (on both sides)
Thickness: 1.20 mm