Produced in collaboration with the famed Formula 1 constructor, the new Richard Mille calibre is a technical masterpiece offering off-the-chart mechanical performance. First expression of the 10 year collaboration between the two teams. Click to discover the dedicated site : RM 50-03 McLaren F1 SIHH 2017
« The RM 50-03 represents a new approach to the challenges of lightness underlying our watchmaking philosophy. »
The RM 50-03 McLaren F1 weighs less than 40 grams – including the new “comfort” strap – which makes it the lightest mechanical chronograph ever made.
This landmark has been achieved through the use of cutting-edge technical materials.
The design not only incorporates Titanium and Carbon TPT™, but also introduces an entirely new material into the world of watchmaking:
Graph TPT™, more commonly known as Graphene.
A chronographic perfection brought to life: it combines a tourbillon escapement with a split seconds function.
In order to perform without fail, the combination of these two complications within a single mechanism demands perfect transfers of energy.
A technical masterpiece offering exceptional mechanical performance.
Produced in a numbered limited edition of 75 pieces available only at Richard Mille boutiques.
FUNCTION INDICATOR In a manner similar to a car’s gearbox, the function indicator allows one to identify the Winding, Neutral and Hand setting positions as the crown is pulled out.
CALIBER RM50-03 Manual winding tourbillon movement. Ultralight tourbillon calibre in titanium and TPT carbon.
TORQUE INDICATOR Indicates the tension of the mainspring and makes it possible to optimise the winding of the watch. Under 53 dNmm, the spring is too slack. At over 65 dNmm, however, the excessive tension could affect the operation of the mechanism, or even damage it.
NEW SPLIT-SECONDS SYSTEM Studies focused on the work of the split-seconds clamp and the six-column wheel that controls the various rockers of the mechanism have perfected its simultaneity of movement -essential to absolute accuracy- function lock, and the stability of its settings over time.
- Dimensions of the movement: 31.10 mm x 32.15 mm
- Thickness: 9.92 mm
- Diameter of the tourbillon: 12.40 mm
- Diameter of the balance: 10 mm
- Number of jewels: 43
- Balance wheel: Glucydur, 2 arms and 4 setting screws
- Inertia moment: 10 mg.cm2, lift angle 53°
- Frequency: 21,600 vph (3 Hz)
- Balance spring: elinvar by Nivarox®
- Shock protection: KIF Elastor KE 160 B28
- Barrel shaft in nickel-free Chronifer (DIN x 46 Cr 13 + S) with the following properties:
stainless – antimagnetic – suitable for tempering
- Hand-polished bevelling
- Hand-polished locking-sections
- Sapphire-microblasted milled sections
- Lapped and polished contact points
- Burnished pivots
- Wire-drawn and microblasted surfaces
- Hand-polished bevelling
- Concave chamfering with a diamond tool
- Circular-decorated front surfaces
- Rhodium-plating (before cutting the teeth)
- Minimal corrections made to the wheels to preserve their geometry and overall performance
44.50 mm x 49.65 mm x 16.10 mm.