Inspired by the forces at play during high-level tennis matches, this tourbillon in the collection represents a new development in the creation of tourbillon watches for the world of sports. Designed with all the implemented experience gained during the construction of its predecessor, this new timekeeper represents another milestone in the history of horological development.
The whole of its mechanical architecture, weighting just 3.8 grams, was skillfully designed and constructed in taut suspension on a network of shock absorbers anchored in the thickness of the NTPT case.
Limited edition exclusively available at Richard Mille Boutiques USA.
WEIGHT OF THE WATCH WITHOUT STRAP 19 g
POWER RESERVE 45 hours (±10%)
WEIGHT OF THE MOVEMENT circa 3.5 g
CALIBER RM 027-01 Manual winding tourbillon movement with hours and minutes.
FAST ROTATING BARREL (6 hours per revolution instead of 7.5 hours)
This type of barrel has the following advantages: - The phenomenon of periodic internal mainspring adhesion is significantly diminished and performance is thus enhanced, - It provides an excellent delta of the mainspring curve. The choice is determined by the ideal power-reserve/performance/regularity ratio.
BARREL PAWL WITH PROGRESSIVE RECOIL
This device permits an appreciable winding gain (circa 20 %), especially during the start of winding. It also promotes the even distribution of the mainspring’s internal tension.
WINDING BARREL TEETH AND CENTRE-WHEEL PINION WITH CENTRAL INVOLUTE PROFILE
The central involute profile of the winding barrel teeth provides an optimal pressure angle of 20°, which promotes effective rotary motion and compensates for possible variations in the operation of the going train. This, in turn, ensures excellent torque transmission and a distinct improvement in performance.
- Movement dimensions: 27.20 mm x 21.72 mm
- Thickness: 5.04 mm
- Tourbillon diameter: 12.30 mm
- Balance diameter: 10.00 mm
- Number of jewels: 19
- Balance: in Glucydur, with 2 arms and 4 setting screws
- Moment of inertia: 11.50 mg.cm2, angle of lift 53°
- Frequency: 3 Hz (21,600 vph)
- Balance spring: in ELINVAR by Nivarox®
- Shock absorbers: Kif Elastor by KE 160 B28
- Barrel shafts: in nickel-free Chronifer (DIN x 46 Cr13 + S), with the following characteristics:
stainless, non-magnetic, tempered.
- Hand-polished bevelling
- Shot-blasted milled sections - Stretched upper surfaces
- Shot-blasted surfaces
- Satin-brushed surfaces
- Hand-polished bevelling
- Long strokes
- Matt “brouillé” strokes
- Long strokes on the sides - Polished sinks
- Lapped and polished ends - Burnished pivots
- Diamond-polished sinks
- Circular decorations on the front surfaces
- Rhodium-plating (before cutting the teeth)
- Minimal corrections are made to the wheels to preserve
their geometry and overall performance
Dimensions: 45.98 mm x 38.90 mm x 10.05 mm.