Six years after releasing his first polo watch, Richard Mille returns to one of his favourite playing fields with the sporty and dynamic RM 53-01 Pablo Mac Donough. The unprecedented laminated sapphire crystal of its Carbon TPT® case offers a breath-taking look at the watch’s suspended tourbillon calibre. A new and complex accoutrement for this sport which, despite its risks, is still practised by gentlemen. Limited edition of 30 pieces in Carbon TPT®.
"Given that Pablo has sustained a large number of fractures in the course of his career, I asked our teams to come up with a watch that could resist the many types of shocks arising in a polo match, while leaving the movement visible" Richard Mille
BARREL PAWL WITH PROGRESSIVE RECOIL This device permits an appreciable winding gain (circa 20%), especially during the start of winding.
WINDING-BARREL TEETH AND THIRD-WHEEL PINION WITH CENTRAL INVOLUTE PROFILE The central involute profile of the winding-barrel teeth provides an optimal pressure angle of 20°, which promotes effective rotary motion and compensates for possible variations in the operation of the going train.
POWER RESERVE Circa 70 hours (±10%).
CALIBRE RM53-01 Manual winding tourbillon movement with hours and minutes.
- Movement dimensions: 31.94 x 30.26 mm
- Thickness: 6.35 mm
- Tourbillon diameter: 12.40 mm
- Balance diameter: 10.00 mm
- Number of jewels: 19
- Balance wheel: Glucydur®, 2 arms and 4 setting screws
- Inertia moment: 11.50 mg.cm2, lift angle 53°
- Frequency: 21,600 vph (3 Hz)
- Balance spring: elinvar by Nivarox®
- Shock protection: KIF Elastor KE 160 B28
- Barrel shaft in nickel-free Chronifer® (DIN x 46 Cr 13 + S) with the following properties:
stainless – antimagnetic – suitable for tempering
FREE SPRUNG BALANCE WITH VARIABLE INERTIA
This type of balance wheel guarantees greater reliability when subjected to shocks and during assembly or dismantling of the movement, thus achieving better chronometric results over time. The index is eliminated, thereby allowing a more precise and repeatable adjustment using 4 setting screws.
FAST-ROTATING BARREL (6 hours per revolution instead of 7.5 hours)
This type of barrel provides the following advantages:
• The phenomenon of periodic internal mainspring adhesion is significantly diminished, thereby increasing performance, • An excellent mainspring delta curve with an ideal power reserve/performance and regularity ratio.
SPLINE SCREWS IN GRADE 5 TITANIUM FOR THE BRIDGES
The design of these screws permits better control of the torque applied during assembly. These screws are therefore unaffected by physical manipulation during assembly or disassembly and age well.