The Phoenix, a supernatural bird, was commonly referred to as the ‘King of Birds’ embodying the five virtues of benevolence, righteousness, propriety, wisdom, and sincerity as well as being symbolic for the Empress. It was known never to harm either a single insect nor blade of grass, eating and drinking nothing but bamboo seeds and sweet spring water. The dragon has always appeared in a magical variety of forms; long or short bodied, small or gigantic in size. Its nature could be both secretive yet active, and it inhabited all areas of the universe from the heights above to the depths below. Since they were able to travel between the skies and earth, dragons were considered the mounts of heavenly deities.
Created from 3N rose gold, these legendary figures inhabiting the interior of the movement are carved and incised entirely by hand. Strictly limited edition of 15 pieces in 18K white or red gold.
CALIBER RM057-01 Manual winding tourbillon movement with hours, minutes and power reserve indicator
POWER RESERVE Circa 48 hours (±10%). This function is displayed using a newly designed differential power reserve system indicated by a red line on a moving disc located between 10 and 11 o’clock.
BASEPLATE AND BRIDGES MADE OF GRADE 5 TITANIUM These components in grade 5 titanium provide the whole assembly great rigidity, as well as precise surface flatness which is essential for the perfect functioning of the gear train. The skeletonized baseplate and the bridges have been subjected to intensive and complete validation tests to optimize their resistance to stress.
PHOENIX AND DRAGON ADORN THE MOVEMENT Special miniature tools needed to be made for the specific artistry required in the physical realization of these two creatures. To increase the realism of these special animals, a long and painstaking process of hand finished micro painting was executed, also including the unseen parts of these two marvelous entities.
SPLINE SCREWS IN GRADE 5 TITANIUM FOR THE BRIDGES
This permits better control of the torque applied to the screws during assembly. These screws are therefore unaffected by physical manipulation during assembly or disassembly and age well.
Upper and lower flanges in black grade 5 titanium.
Bezel side: in sapphire (1,800 Vickers) with anti-glare coating (on both sides)
Thickness: 1.50 mm
Case back: in sapphire with anti-glare coating (on both sides)
Thickness: 1.20 mm in the centre and 2.04 mm at the outer edges
- Movement dimensions: 32.20 x 29.00 mm
- Thickness : 5.17 mm
- Tourbillon diameter: 12.30 mm
- Balance wheel diameter: 10.00 mm
- Jewels: 21, set in white gold chatons
- Balance: Glucydur, 2 arms, 4 setting screws, moment of inertia 11.50 mg.cm2, angle of lift 53o
- Frequency: 21,600 vph (3 Hz)
- Balance spring: ELINVAR by Nivarox®
- Shock protection: KIF Elastor KE 160 B28
- Barrel shaft: in nickel-free chronifer (DIN x 46 Cr 13 + S) with the following characteristics: stainless- antimagnetic -
suitable for tempering.
- Anglage and polishing by hand
- Hand-polished lock-points
- Microblasted milled sections
- Lapped and polished contact points - Burnished pivots
- PVD coating
- Microblasted surfaces
- Satin brushed surfaces
- Hand-polished beveling
- Drawn sections
- Concave chamfering with a diamond tool
- Circular-decorated faces
- Surface treatment or rhodium plating (before cutting the teeth)
- Minimal corrections to preserve the geometry of the wheels and their performance
50.00 x 42.70 x 14.15 mm.