As part of his worldwide campaign to promote cars and road safety, Jean Todt, President of the FIA (Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile), has travelled to over 130 different countries since his election in 2009. This adventure inspired the concept behind this model. At Jean Todt’s request, each sale of this model will generate a royalty split between worthwhile programs in the interest of the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) and the ICM (Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle épinière – Brain and Spine Institute), of which Jean Todt is Vice-President and a co-founder.
The watch provides a direct display of the exact local time in the major cities of the world, making it simple to manage your universal diary.
Limited edition of 35 pieces.
CALIBER RM58-01 Manual winding tourbillon movement with hours, minutes, power reserve indicator universal 24-hour time display, tourbillon at 9 o’clock.
POWER RESERVE Circa 10 days (±10%). The power reserve is provided by two barrels fitted consecutively and is indicated on a 2-hour numerical scale.
MULTIPLE TIME ZONE ADJUSTMENT MECHANISM The RM 58-01 features an innovative mechanism for adjusting the time zone. The rotating bezel includes a specific wheel connected to the movement that acts directly on the hours wheel. Turning the bezel anti clockwise ensures quicker, more accurate time-setting. The lower disc, divided into 24 hours, shows the time in other cities and indicates whether it is day (white part) or night (black part).
TORQUE LIMITING CROWN This additional security system prevents from accidental overwinding, which could cause damage to the winding stem or putting extreme pressure on the mainspring barrel.
IMPROVED TIME-SETTING SYSTEM
By replacing engaging friction by rolling friction, the time-setting function is smoother.
BARREL PAWL WITH PROGRESSIVE RECOIL
This device permits an appreciable winding gain (circa 20 %), especially during the start of winding. It also aids in
the even distribution of the mainspring’s internal tension.
Upper flange with brown galvanic treatment.
In sapphire (thickness: 0.40 mm) with anti-glare coating (both sides).
- Bezel side: in sapphire (1,800 Vickers) with anti-glare coating (on both sides)
- Thickness: 1.10 mm at the centre and 1.75 at the outer edges
- Case back: in sapphire with anti-glare coating (on both sides)
- Thickness: 1.00 mm at the centre and 1.90 mm at the outer edges
- Movement dimensions: 39.15 mm
- Thickness: 8,54 mm
- Tourbillon diameter: 11.90 mm
- Balance wheel diameter: 9,12 mm
- Number of jewels: 41
- Balance wheel: Glucydur, with 2 arms and 4 setting screws, moment of inertia 10 mg.cm2, angle of lift 53°
- Frequency: 21,600 vph (3 Hz)
- Balance spring: ELINVAR by Nivarox®
- Shock protection: KIF ELASTOR KE 160 B28
- Stone setting in white gold
- Barrel shaft in nickel-free Chronifer (DIN x 46 Cr 13 + S), with the following characteristics:
stainless, non-magnetic, tempered
- Hand-polished beveling
- Hand-polished locking-sections
- Circular-grained bridge surfaces, all shot-blasted and hand-polished - Microblasted milled sections in sapphire
- Lapped and polished contact points
- Burnished pivots
- Sapphire blasted surfaces
- Drawn edges
- Anglage and polishing by hand - Drawn outer surfaces
- Concave diamond chamfering
- Circular-smoothed faces
- Gilding (before cutting the teeth)
- Minimal corrections are made to the wheels to preserve
their geometry and overall performance
50,00 x 15,35 mm