Developed in collaboration with our partner Yohan Blake, one of the fastest men in the world, this model has the personality of a hero. It is a wristwatch designed to be capable of cutting through air, so we designed it like an extremely light arrow. It’s asymmetrical, streamlined and aerodynamic shape has the lowest possible drag coefficient to ensure that it obeys his sleek movements during races. Yohan Blake has created the "YBafraid Foundation" which is heavily involved in charitable projects in his home country of Jamaica. ‘Because I grew up in extreme poverty, I know how it feels to have nothing. I have always wanted to be in a position to give back and now I have the opportunity to do so. I want to help young people to do great things and to achieve the unexpected. My foundation will help Jamaica to achieve these goals.’
Yohan Blake is the only 100-metre sprinter to wear a watch; in this way, he is our ultimate tester, giving us the chance to see how the mechanical tourbillon movement undergoes various forces during his high speed sprints, even though he has no time to even glance at it during his 9.73-second state of grace, where he transcends time, real time, our slow time of minutes and hours. Limited edition of 50 pieces.
CALIBER RM59-01 Manual winding tourbillon movement with hours, minutes.
TORQUE LIMITING CROWN This additional security system prevents from accidental overwinding, which could cause damage to the winding stem or putting extreme pressure on the mainspring barrel.
SKELETONIZED TITANIUM BASEPLATE The baseplate has been finished in grade 5 titanium, a biocompatible, highly corrosion-resistant and remarkably rigid alloy, which enables the gear train to function effortlessly. The alloy is 90% titanium,6% aluminium and 4% vanadium. This combination further increases its mechanical properties, which explains its frequent use in the aerospace, aeronautical and automobile industries. The skeletonised baseplate and the bridges have been subjected to intensive and complete validation tests to optimize their resistance capacities.
ANTICORODAL PB109 ALUMINIUM BRIDGES This aluminium alloy is composed of aluminium, magnesium, silicon and lead. It provides the movement with great flexibility and improved shock-resistance. Its green colouring is achieved through eloxing, a treatment using anodic oxidation. This forms a layer of crystals that retains green dyes. The yellow part of the bridge is hand-painted.
FAST ROTATING BARREL (6 hours per revolution instead of 7.5 hours)
This type of barrel has the following advantages:
- The phenomenon of periodic internal mainspring adhesion is significantly diminished and performance is thus
- Provision of an excellent mainspring delta curve with an ideal power reserve/performance and regularity ratio.
WINDING BARREL TEETH AND THIRD-WHEEL PINION WITH CENTRAL INVOLUTE PROFILE
The wheel with a central developing profile and a pressure angle of 20° promotes rolling movement more effectively,
compensates differences between centers, ensures excellent torque transmission and a distinct improvement in
SPLINE SCREWS IN GRADE 5 TITANIUM FOR THE BRIDGES
These screws enable better control of the screwing torque. Hardly affected by physical manipulations during assembly and disassembly, they also age well.
- Bezel side: in sapphire (1,800 Vickers) with anti-glare coating (on both sides)
- Thickness: 1,50 mm
- Case back: in sapphire with anti-glare coating (on both sides)
- Thickness: 1.20 mm at the centre and 1.95 mm at the outer edges
- Movement dimensions: 30.50 mm x 28.70 mm
- Thickness: 5.20 mm
- Tourbillon diameter: 10.90 mm
- Balance wheel diameter: 9.12 mm
- Number of jewels: 19
- Balance wheel: Glucydur, with 2 arms and 4 setting screws, moment of inertia 11.50 mg.cm2, angle of lift 53°
- Frequency: 21,600 vph (3 Hz)
- Balance spring: ELINVAR by Nivarox®
- Shock protection: KIF ELASTOR KE 160 B28
- Barrel shaft in nickel-free Chronifer (DIN x 46 Cr 13 + S), with the following characteristics:
stainless – non-magnetic – tempered
- Baseplate in grade 5 titanium microblasted PVD treatment
- Microblasted bridge in Pb109 aluminium, eloxed and hand-painted - Hand-polished beveling
- Microblasted milled sections
- Stretched upper surfaces
- Polished sinks
- Wire-drawn and microblasted surfaces - Hand-polished beveling
- Long strokes above
- Long strokes on sides
- Polished sinks
- Polished and lapped ends - Burnished pivots
- Concave chamfering with a diamond tool
- Circular decorations on the front surfaces
- Gilding (before cutting the teeth)
- Minimal corrections are made to the wheels to preserve their geometry and overall performance
50.24 x 42.70 x 15.84 mm.