The RM 61-01 Yohan Blake takes all of its cues from the RM 59-01 tourbillon launched for the Olympic medalist and 2nd fastest man over 100m and 200m. The green flying bridges, woven into the front of the movement, are anodized and painted by hand, bringing to mind the colors of his Jamaican homeland, together with Yohan Blake’s nickname ‘The Beast’.
The bezel and the back of the RM 61-01 are created from TZP-N, the caliber RMUL2 with its highly skeletonised grade 5 titanium movement treated with PVD and Titalyt® to provide maximum performance. Accentuating the tough character of this novel timepiece are the large crown protectors, offering full security to the crown during sports and other activities.
CALIBER RMUL2 Manual winding movement with hours, minutes. Movement weight: circa 4.3 g.
FREE SPRUNG BALANCE WITH VARIABLE INERTIA This type of balance wheel ensures greater reliability in the event of impact as well as during assembly and disassembly of the movement. This improves precision in the long term. There is no need for an index and it is possible to adjust the inertia more finely directly on the balance wheel via 4 small adjustable small weights.
BASEPLATE AND BRIDGES IN GRADE 5 TITANIUM The manufacturing of these components in grade 5 titanium with black PVD coating for the baseplate and the bridges gives the whole assembly a great rigidity and achieves excellent surface flatness, essential to the perfect functioning of the gear train. The skeletonised baseplate and the bridges have been subjected to complete validation tests to optimise their stress resistance.
SPLINE SCREWS IN GRADE 5 TITANIUM FOR THE BRIDGES Their shape allows better control of the torque applied to these screws during assembly. The screws are thus perfectly resistant to manipulation during assembly and disassembly and are exposed to minimal wear and tear.
DOUBLE BARREL SYSTEM
The double barrel system helps improve torque stability over a longer period by reducing pressure and wear on the teeth, bearings and pivots, resulting in improved performance.
Circa 55 hours (±10%)
Bezel side: in sapphire (1,800 Vickers) with anti-glare coating (both sides). Thickness: 1.50 mm Case back: in sapphire with anti-glare coating (both sides). Thickness: at the center 1.20 mm and outer edges 1.95 mm.
- Movement dimensions: 30.25 x 28.45 mm
- Thickness: 3.15 mm
- Jewels: 24
- Barrel arbor: in 20AP steel
- Balance wheel: Glucydur, 4 arms, moment of inertia 4.8 mg.cm2, angle of lift 53°
- Frequency: 28,800 vph (4 Hz)
- Balance spring: ELINVAR
- Shock protection: Incabloc 908.22.211.100 (transparent)
- Escapement wheel jewels: Rubifix (transparent) - Stem with two positions: manual winding and time setting
- Baseplate wet sandblasted grade 5 titanium, PVD treated and hand-drawn after treatment - Locking sections hand polished
- Burnished pivots
- Pinions with undercuts
- Sandblasted and rhodium-plating, beveled wheels (before cutting the teeth)
- Minimum corrections applied to the wheels in order to preserve geometry and performance
- Screw slot and screw beveled and polished with rounded and polished tip
- Straight line grain finish of the upper surface
- Lower surfaces microblasted
- Sink hand-polished
- Hand polished sinks
50.23 x 42.70 x 15.84 mm