Richard Mille first unveiled the RM 58-01 Tourbillon World Timer at the 2013 Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie. Designed for frequent travellers and others alike, this timepiece made a strong impression on the press thanks to its remarkably easy to use multi-time-zone mechanism. When designing the RM 58-01, Richard Mille’s goal was to simplify the setting of this complication as far as possible, notably by removing the pusher.
The RM 63-02 World Timer repeats this exercise, incorporating the World Timer function at the heart of a brand new automatic in-house movement.
The movement’s designers selected the in-house CRMA4 caliber to drive the RM 63-02. It is assembled around an electroplasma-treated grade-5 titanium plate—the same material used for the majority of its bridges.
The sculptural upper bridge is made from black-rhodium-plated, polished and circular-grained german silver, with round openings that provide glimpses of the going-train and World Timer mechanism in action.
FAST ROTATING BARREL 5 hours per revolution instead of 7.5 hours, ensures the optimum regularity of the mainspring and a power reserve of 50 hours. Wound by a rotor in 5N red Gold and grade-5 Titanium.
BASEPLATE AND BRIDGES IN GRADE 5 TITANIUM Microblasted grade 5 titanium with electroplasma treatment improves the rigidity of the entire assembly and provides precise surface flatness, which is essential for the perfect functioning of the gear train.
CROWN Made of grade 5 titanium, polished and microblasted, with O-ring seal and Alcryn® collar.
CALIBER CRMA4 Automatic winding movement with hours, minutes, oversize date and universal 24-hour time display. Each piece requires many hours of work create anglage, drawn out edges, circular-graining and micro blasted bridges.
-- Diameter of the movement: 33.80 mm
- Thickness: 7.73 mm
- Number of jewels: 37
- Balance: CuBe, 4 arms, 4 setting screws, inertia moment 7.5 mg.cm2, angle of lift 50º
- Frequency: 28,800 vph (4 Hz)
- Balance spring / Spiral: AK 3
- Shock protection: Incabloc 908.22.211.100 (transparent)
- Escapement wheel jewels: Rubifix (transparent)
- Bezel side: in sapphire (1800 Vickers) with anti-glare treatment (both sides).
- Thickness: 1.10 mm at the center and 1.64 mm at outer edges
- Caseback: sapphire with anti-glare treatment (both sides)
- Thickness: 1.00 mm at the center and 1.74 mm at outer edges
Circa 50 hours (±10%).
- Upper bridge microblasted, chamfered and polished by hand
- Microblasted milled section
- Microblasted sinks
- Grey Electroplasma treatment for the baseplate and Titalyt® for the bridges
- Satin-finished surfaces
- Hand polished chamfered edges
- Hand polished sinks
- Filed rims
- Lapped and polished extremities
- Burnished pivots
- Polished post faces
- Diamond polished angles
- Circular finished faces
- Rhodium-plating (before cutting the teeth)
Diameter: 47.00 x 13.85 mm.